Thursday, December 18, 2014

Obsessing Over Jo Malone ♡

Posted by Unknown at 5:25 PM
Hey everyone! And welcome to the first day of daily blogging and first day of winter break! I hope you're all doing good and are as excited as I am for this "daily blog season"!

Today, I decided to share my Jo Malone obsession and collection, but before I get into it I wanted to tell you all a story that brought me to this post (because I obviously wouldn't have a post without products).. About a year ago I made a friend who is one of my closest friends now, and she never really stopped portraying and talking about her deep obsession and love for Jo Malone. Now, I personally never payed attention to the store much in the past, but she made me tempted to try it out. I smelled a few scents and dearly enjoyed them, but never really got my hands on any until a few weeks ago when my moms friend got me a gift box from London with 5 Jo Malone scents. You can probably imagine my reaction at that point.. Thank you to her and her great perfume taste! I've been using these perfumes daily ever since and I decided to open up my daily blogging season by talking about a new obsession!

To begin with, I have the "Blackberry and Bay" scent which I probably love most. Its smell isn't too sweet and it isn't too soft either. It's a perfect mix of in betweens. I feel like this scent would suit almost anyone, and it's definitely great for mixing with others, and on it's own too. It has this slight touch of florals yet still having this deep edge which makes it unique yet familiar, at least to me..

Blueberry & Bay
Next I have the "English Pear and Freesia". This is another favorite, and for some reason whenever I smell it, it reminds me of warmth and hugs. It has a sweeter smell than the first one, yet it's not annoying, it's just right. I feel like it's a more summery morning-evening scent rather than a night one, however I did wear it out at night and it fit into the feel perfectly. It might sound a little weird talking about scents and times of the day, or seasons, but it does in a way have an effect, you just have to notice it. I've gotten many compliments and remarks when I wore this one, and all the others too actually but I guess this one kind a just stood out. 

English Pear & Freesia
The third scent I got which was the "Lime Basil and Mandarin". This is an interesting scent, and it isn't really like anything I owned or smelt before, and I believe this one is perfect for mixing. It has a stronger scent with a touch of freshness, and a slight tinge of lime. It's a cute combination, however I believe this one should be sprayed in less quantities, because 1 or 2 sprays will definitely bring out it's scent, and it'll be perfect!

Lime Basil & Mandarin
The fourth scent is "Tuberose Angelica" and another one of my favorites. It seems like I'm calling each a favorite, and it's actually very true. They're all so divine and unique.. It's amazing :') This specific scent is more rose-like yet it isn't a very defined type or rose scent, on the contrary it's a more soft and breezy rose, mixed with touches of other things. This actually reminds me of a perfume which I had earlier called "In Love Again" by Yves Saint Laurent. And I loved that perfume, it was an absolute fvaorite, in fact I was very glad when I smelled this, and it felt like home.

Tuberose Angelica
The last, but most certainly not least is the "Dark Amber and Ginger Lily" scent. This one has a more defined and on point scent, and I feel like it's very professional and "business-like" in my point of view. It smells like soft, yet dark lily petals and amber. (Sorry, this picture isn't very clear)

Dark Amber & Ginger Lily




Now I wanna talk a little bit more about mixing different scents and putting scents together. Obviously you can play around and mix whichever ones you want, and I personally created a lot of different combinations with the five that I have. However, Jo Malone offers a little brochure called "Tailor Your Scent" which you can use to basically know about the categories some of the perfumes belong to, and how can you mix your favorite scent to either make it fresher or warmer. I personally found this pretty helpful, and also very inciting! 





That was all for my Jo Malone post! I hope you all enjoyed it, and if you have a favorite Jo Malone scent I would love to read more about it! You can contact me through any of the sources on my Contact Page! Have a good day/night, and don't forget to smile :)

2 comments:

Unknown on December 18, 2014 at 5:54 PM said...

Loved your post!! My all time favourite is Blueberry and bay too!

Unknown on December 19, 2014 at 2:02 AM said...

Glad you liked it! Enjoyed your quote post too, can't wait for more! xx

Post a Comment

 

Dayana Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos

Cute Bow Tie Hearts Blinking Blue and Pink Pointer